The fear of feeling pain and that fear of needles are some of the main reasons why people do not go to the dentist. This practice of oral sedation refers to administrating a sedative before a performing a dental procedure. Here are some situations in which sedation might be the right choice for you!
When is sedation dentistry indicated for you?
- When you have sensitive teeth;
- When you have insensitivity to numbness medication;
- If you hate needles;
- When you experience back and neck pain;
- When you experience jaw pain;
- If you wait until you begin to experience pain before visiting the dentist;
- If you are afraid that the procedures might cause you pain.
There are also other situations that require the use of sedatives, and your dentist can tell you more about them! A visit to a dental clinic does not have to be a traumatic experience nowadays, with all the new technology and medication available! You are advised to schedule a preliminary consultation, so that you can discuss your problems and your options with your dentist before undergoing any treatments or sedation techniques!
If this sounds like the type of dentistry right for you, contact Clarkson Dental and set up an appointment.